As we work together to create a rowing community that reflects the diversity of Canada, we know it is essential that we create an inclusive culture that enables everyone to succeed. Individuals of minority populations feel greater supported and better understood when fellow underrepresented individuals are in leadership roles within organizations. We have an opportunity to invest and develop leaders in rowing by providing them with educational and developmental experiences alongside other leaders in the Canadian rowing community.
Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) is pleased to offer limited grants of up to $1750 each to support attendance at the RCA National Conference, January 26-28, 2024, in Québec City, Québec for developing leaders from underrepresented populations such as:
- Individuals living with a disability
- Low socioeconomic status
This opportunity is exclusively for first-time RCA National Conference attendees.
Any developing leader of an RCA member organization who wants to advance within their desired pathway (e.g. Coach, Board Member, Umpire, Program Coordinator/Manager, etc.) is encouraged to apply.
More details about the RCA National Conference will be available online later this month.
To be eligible, individuals must be:
- From one or more of the populations listed above
- A member of an RCA Member Organization
- A first-time RCA National Conference attendee
- Aspiring to hold a leadership role within their desired pathway
Applications should include the following:
- A letter of interest explaining how you meet the eligibility criteria, your role at your rowing organization, your development goals, and why you are excited about this opportunity.
- A letter of support from your rowing organization, including any details related to additional support they will provide you.
- This letter of support should detail any additional funds the organization will provide to support the individual’s attendance at the conference if applicable (this is not a requirement).
All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by December 18, 2023.
If you have questions, we encourage you to reach out to Alethia Clarke by no later than November 30, 2023.
These grants are subject to the availability of Sport Canada Funding.