RCA Statement and Action Plan – Racism and Inequality
- Jun 10, 2020
Here is our commitment:
RCA will expand our inclusion, diversity and equality initiatives to include race as an additional area of focus.
RCA will immediately re-allocate funds to offer educational training specific to inclusion, diversity, and equality for the RCA Board, staff and National Team athletes.
RCA will immediately re-allocate funds and resources to provide support in raising awareness of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the rowing community.
RCA will provide additional funding for resources to member rowing clubs and events interested in expanding their outreach to the Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities.
RCA will seek to partner with organizations and individuals that can enhance our further understanding of the issues and barriers related to race and sport.
RCA believes that everyone in rowing has the right to enjoy the sport at all levels of participation. Athletes, coaches, officials, umpires and volunteers have the right to participate in a safe and inclusive training and competitive environment that is free of abuse, harassment or discrimination.
Words are not enough. Our actions will speak louder than our words.
Learning and Listening
- Government of Canada anti-racism resources
- List of anti-racism resources (books, articles, podcasts, movies, TV series)
- Guide to Allyship
- Children’s books for assistance with speaking to young people about race
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- Canadian Anti-Racism Education and Research Society
- Canadian Anti-Hate Network
- List of Canadian anti-racist organizations
- Black organizations and anti-racist groups Canadians can support now
Sport Specific Resources