Nominations for Election at the 2019 RCA Annual Meeting
- Aug 5, 2019
Date: August 5, 2019
To: Member Rowing Clubs and Associations
RCA Nominating Committee:
Andrew Lamont, Chair
Heather Holden, RCA Board of Directors
Susan Wilkinson, Provincial Advisory Council Representative
Tracy Brooks, Member at Large
Carol Purcer, RCA President and Ex-Officio Member
Subject: Nominations for Election at the 2019 Rowing Canada Aviron Annual Meeting
Under the terms of Section 11 of the RCA By-Laws, the RCA Board of Directors has appointed a Nominating Committee to prepare a list of candidates for the elected offices to be voted on at the 2019 RCA Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held via Webinar and Conference Call on September 19, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. PDT.
The Nominating Committee provides the following report on the positions to be elected at the 2019 Annual Meeting:
· Athlete Director to a term to end at the 2021 Annual Meeting: Current National Team Athletes have nominated retired National Team Athlete Douglas Vandor to this position. Douglas Vandor has confirmed his intention to have his name stand for election.
· In accordance with Paragraph 11.4 of the RCA Bylaws the Nominating Committee endorses the nomination of Douglas Vandor to this position.
· Directors at Large (2) to a term to end at the 2021 Annual Meeting: The Nominating Committee conducted an open call for Expressions of Interest and reviewed potential candidates for these roles.
For the two positions of Director at Large, three candidates have been endorsed by the Nominating Committee as follows:
- Current incumbent Jennifer Walinga has submitted her intent to let her name stand for re-election. The Nominating Committee supports the nomination of Jennifer Walinga for election to a Director at Large position based on her expertise and experience.
- Current incumbent Marisha Roman has submitted her intent to let her name stand for re-election. The Nominating Committee supports the nomination of Marisha Roman for election to a Director at Large position based on her expertise and experience.
- Peter McClelland has submitted his intent to let his name stand for election. The Nominating Committee supports the nomination of Peter McClelland for election to a Director at Large position based on his expertise and experience.
In accordance with paragraph 11.6 of the RCA By-Laws, Members in Good Standing can resubmit nominations or submit further nominations of candidates for election to the Board of Directors who meet the eligibility requirements set out in paragraph 9.3 by tendering them to the registered office of RCA in the form set out in paragraphs 11.7 and 11.8 (nomination form PDF, Word). Nominations in the proper form must be received by RCA no later than 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting – by August 20, 2019. This is the final closing date for nominations – no nominations shall be accepted after this date.
RCA shall include such nominations in the Notice of Annual Meeting and on the ballot forms for the online election. Please refer to Section 11 of the RCA By-Laws for further information.
Voting at the 2019 RCA Annual Meeting:
Members in Good Standing will cast their votes prior to the RCA Annual Meeting via Electronic Ballot, no proxies, using a secure online voting system for the following agenda items:
- Election of Directors
- Acceptance of the Annual Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report
- Appointment of the Auditor
Online voting will begin on August 30, 2019 and conclude at 12 noon PDT on September 18, 2019. Voting results will be announced at the RCA Annual Meeting.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding online voting or Nominations for Director.
Secretary | Secrétaire
Rowing Canada Aviron
321 – 4371 Interurban Road, Victoria BC, V9E 2C5
toll-free | sans frais 1.877.722.4769 ext. 1
phone | téléphone 250.220.2581