Wednesday May 9, 2018
Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) announces a Request for Proposal (RFP) for its primary National Training Centre (NTC). The RCA Board of Directors recently shared its decision to undertake a comprehensive process in selecting and implementing a functional primary NTC in Canada by October 2020. This process includes a formal RFP process that provides the opportunity for all Canadian communities (both established and yet to be established rowing locations) to submit proposals.
RCA will determine its future NTC home base in October 2018, with planning and site collaboration to commence immediately thereafter with the successful site group. A formal announcement will be issued by RCA in November 2018.
RCA is seeking a site that will offer the following:
1) A high score on RCA’s NTC Criteria Scorecard - criteria is outlined in the full RFP.
2) Additional criteria, outlined in the RFP, that support an optimal ‘Daily Training Environment’ (DTE) as well as additional facilities and amenities that provide for optimal athlete and coach well-being and experiences off of the water.
3) Long-term commitments from local partners to support RCA’s NTC for a minimum of three Olympic and Paralympic quadrennials (12 years). The intent is to establish a permanent home base that will position RCA’s National Teams in a stable and highly successful environment for many years to come.
4) Multi-level collaboration between the site group, municipal government, regional/provincial government, land-owners, and private/public partners that prioritize RCA water and facility usage and provide a world-class DTE for RCA’s National Team athletes.
RCA encourages all potential site groups across Canada to submit an Expression of Interest to the NTC Project Committee by June 15, 2018.
Upon receipt of all Expressions of Interest, RCA will review and reply to all submissions, as to whether a more formal proposal is required. Formal proposals will be due by September 14, 2018.
The NTC Project Committee will review submissions, conduct site visits (where appropriate or necessary), and manage the preliminary selection of the preferred site for RCA’s primary NTC. The committee will make a recommendation to RCA’s Board of Directors as to the selected site for final approval. A Terms of Reference for the committee will be posted on RCA’s web site once its membership has been finalized.
The NTC Project Committee will include representation by the following individuals:
- Jennifer Walinga, Committee Chair and Board of Director
- Peter McClelland, Board Athlete Director
- Terry Dillon, CEO
- Iain Brambell, High Performance Director
- Adam Parfitt, Director, Athlete and Coach Pathways
- Mike Walker, RCA Past President
- One additional committee member, selection process underway
- Expressions of Interest due: June 15th, 2018
- RCA notification to site groups to submit formal proposal: June 20th, 2018
- Formal proposals due: September 14th, 2018
- Additional vetting (if required): September 15th – October 7th, 2018
- Selected NTC Site Group contacted: October 2018
- NTC Project Announcement & Launch: October – November 2018
Click here for full RFP details and guidelines.
Expressions of Interest are due June 15th, 2018. Submissions and inquiries should be directed to the NTC Project Committee: Attention - Jennifer Walinga, email@example.com.