The Junior program is for those rowers who are 18 years of age or younger for the entire year they are competing. Rowing Canada Aviron normally sends a team annually to the FISA Junior World Rowing Championships selected from the top junior rowers in the country. Junior rowers have opportunities to race in all boats classes, both sweep and sculling, from singles to eights.
There are also a number of other junior events supported by Rowing Canada Aviron such as the Can Am Mex Regatta, the National Rowing Championships and the Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Championship that provide excellent competitive opportunities for junior athletes
2016 RCA Junior Assessment Camps
The 2016 Rowing Canada Aviron High Performance Junior Assessment Camps will be held on the following dates and locations:
Junior Assessment Camp. West – April 16th and 17th, Burnaby Lake, BC
Junior Assessment Camp East – April 30th and May 1st, Welland, ON
Junior Assessment Camps Objectives
- The Junior Assessment Camps provide a High Performance competitive experience for junior athletes and coaches early in the competitive season
- Provide athletes and coaches the opportunity to experience RCA’s selection process prior to the June selection event.
- Provided an opportunity for coaches to experience RCA’s selection process in a non selection environment, allowing them to better prepare athletes from future selection.
- To provide athletes on the RCA High Performance Development pathway on opportunity to demonstrate their on-‐ water abilities.
- To provide RCA HP program with the opportunity to test possible boat combinations within a camp setting.
- Possible selection of Top men and women, 1x and 2-‐ (and coach) which achieve 91% of GMS